What are some of the Pros and Cons of setting up a routine for your 0-12 week old?
1. All babies thrive on consistency.
2. If you have a regular rhythm to your day it will be easier to spot issues or abnormalities.
3. A newborn on a routine will often adopt healthy sleep habits sooner.
4. Night time sleeps will group together resulting in fewer wake-ups.
5. Skipped feeds are not an issue.
6. Simple to plan for your day.
1. Adhering to a strict routine might cause stress to the parent.
2. Routines are not necessarily appropriate for their age.
3. If it proves to be unachieveable due to many life factors, it could possibly set the parent up for feeling like a failure.
What do you think? Is a routine for you? We'll help you set up a practical and realistic routine if that's the path you want to take. Contact us and we'll help you get started.