Having a baby is an exciting time but it can also be quite confusing when it comes to choosing products for your child or their nursery.
Some things to start think about:
- What items of clothing and how many does your baby need or not need.
- Are there any accessories needed for the season your baby is expected to arrive.
- What to put on your gift list.
- What nursery furniture and equipment will best suit you and your baby.
- What kind of bath, pram, feeding needs or toys are appropriate.
- Where do pets come in and how to prepare your pet for the arrival of your baby?
- Take some time to learn about the Australian Consumer Safety Specifications and the Australian Standards for Safety for various items such as cots and prams.
- Check what items are not recommended by the SIDS foundation?
- What medical needs you will need to have on hand for mother and baby.
- What do I need to take with me to hospital when I go.
Tips: Avoid spending hundreds of dollars on items that you may only need once or not at all and save money to spend on more essential items. Our gift voucher 'Setting up the Nursery' is an excellent gift for a baby shower or call and book a visit which covers these and more topics to help parents prepare for the home coming of their baby. See our Nursery Preparations visitation information.
Remember: You need to provide a safe environment in the home. Check if your home is a safe environment for your child.
How Cradle 2 Kindy Can Help
Cradle 2 Kindy has a service to help you set up your baby's nursery which is especially designed to help parents avoid the trap of buying some of the unnecessary items. See Nursery Preparations
Call now and book your personal Cradle 2 Kindy coach.
Disclaimer: Article on our website are for education
purposes only. Please consult with your doctor to make sure this
information is right for your child.
All articles on this website have a copyright. The use of any material must have permission from Cradle 2 Kindy Parenting Solutions.